Friday, December 25, 2009

Hippety Hop... (Christmas Part II)

Off we went to ION to shop after resting for awhile. Decided to try out the modern peking duck as my mouth was feeling just a tad itchy after all the walking about and I didnt spot any clothes that I fancy.
Was surprised to see a queue for it as the last time me and nana were there, there wasnt any queue!
OMG... Look at how little the meat is. the guy still whack it flat before serving..


Cold cold peking duck whose skin is not crispy and whose meat is not tender. No more next time.
Ro had to finish most of it coz I detest it! Ok la, not detest but i normally refuse to eat food which is not nice. Ro on the other hand will finish everything up, so as not to waste food. LOL.
On our way back to the hotel before we head out for dinner, we noticed that the road was closed. From Tangs to Paragon there are hoards of people on the street!
See? In front of Tangs...
Loads of people and police!
Guess what's happening? Line dance! Yes! They closed the road to hold line-dance for Christmas celebrations. Hoards of people moving in unison.. No line dance for me thank you coz they basically only move their feet.. Kekekekekeke...
Check out the crowd. Orchard is packed full of people! Japanese, Caucasians, people of different ethnic groups all shopping together in harmony!
Rest and caught some tv before cabbing down to white rabbit.

Long wanted to visit White Rabbit, a restaurant and bar housed in an awe-inspiring and beautifully restored old chapel located off Dempsey area. What better day than Christmas day!

The menu.. Simple yet interesting list of appetizers and mains.
Ambiance of the restaurant. I have to side-track abit. I was wearing bonito-chico dress and the moment I came in, guess who i saw? One of the founders/owner of Bonito-chico! That's her boyfriend in the picture. Yep, sitting so close. i was wondering why is that guy looking at me and smiling and I noticed that Rachel is just sitting opposite him! Tot they should be used to seeing people wearing their clothes by now but I soon understood why the hype. The girl at the table next to me? She's wearing their dress too! The guess-inspired number. Whaahahaha.. No wonder they got so excited.
I tot the place felt romantic. Not sure about what others feel, but the nice Christmas tree, the dim orange light together with the candlelight on the table, I tot it's pretty cozy and romantic at the same time. Plus the spacious walkways gave the place breathing space.
Our Lobster Sweetcorn Chowder to share. A light summer corn chowder made with lobster served with slipper lobster and drizzled with tarragon oil. I love the lobster. though small, it is sweet and fresh.
Ro was supposed to order the Escargot Ravioli but not sure what prompted him to order this in error. Dressed crab, freshly handpicked crab tossed with mayonnaise, tomato jelly and avocados. The jelly in actual fact is tasteless, but the crab is fresh and cold. I likey!
My order of Scallop Linguine. Pan seared scallops served with al dente linguine tossed with garlic and fresh herbs. Light and filling at the same time. Delicious!
Ro's order of Crispy duck leg confit. Tender confit of duck leg served with Anna potato, braised red cabbage and thyme jus. Abit too much according to Ro.
Got a waiter to take a picture of us. We have too many individual photos.
Blur lor.... kwa, kwa kwa.... try again...
Still blur! I give up... maybe its time for a new cammie??
Holding on to our never say die attitude, we asked the waitress to give us a hand when she served us our dessert. She's so nice can! Said she will try to help us take the Christmas tree too! With flash, too bright so try again..

Tadahhh... Nice?? Ya, behind me got ghost.. old chapel ma, what do you expect? Sure must have ghost to complete the dinner you know? :P

Warm chocolate cake to finish our meal with. Molten hot chocolate cake served with fresh passionfruit, passionfruit ice cream and creme fraiche.
Nice chocolate oozing out.. I wana go again! I wan!!

No comments: