Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Nothing is forever....

I went to work in a bright and chirpy mood today.. but things can only go downhill....

Ordered beehoon set at Happy Belly thinking that it would only cost $1.80 as per the phamplet they gave out for July's promotion, only to be informed that it would be $2.80 as the promo was applicable only for dine-in. How can!! The phamplet nv say lor!

In any case, here's a pic of my breakkie! tasted good!



Huge pack of bee hoon made me lose my appetite for lunch. In any case, the news I heard over lunch made me completely upset. So upset I couldn't finish my ramen. :(

I feel unjust.

I feel un-appreciated.

I don't get why the manager is always in the limelight when she does not perform well at work. Even my Financial Controller(FC) don't get it.

Why is it that she does things so slowly, suck at excel (a basic pre-requisite for finance staff) and knows next to nothing, but earns much more than me and is so well liked by the bosses in Paris?

Maybe I am being too presumptous to think that she is not performing better than me.

Maybe there are things that I need to learn from her.

Maybe the bosses just like her 'innocence'.

I don't get it. I really don't know.

For someone who can't even handle basic work and is so slow that she always gets scolding by my FC, I don't get it why the bosses think that she is good.

Got the news that I might lose my job as they would like to merge all the entities. It would be between the Manager and me. But they have plan to sponsor her studies, either degree or ACCA, as her technical skills is very poor. She has a degree in her country but it is not recognised here.

Why sponsor her?

Why not sponsor my CPA?

Why does she get to stay and not me?

Why isit her performance review is much poorer than me but she gets all the benefits?

Maybe cause she used to work in our co in her country, thus the big bosses know more about her.

Maybe cause she has the working 'luck'.

Maybe cause they like it when she acts innocent.

Its a battle of the 'Whys' and the 'Maybes'.

What I know I can do is to BUCK UP. I am going to search actively for jobs. Just to prepare for the worst. This aint the best co that I've worked for, but what I know is that there are worst. I hope, like what they say, it is all a suggestion, an alternative. I hope it doesn't come true!

The manager once told me. She read this book, the secret, and it talks about self-fulfilling prophecy. She now puts on her tagline that she has an abundant life. And it seems that it is coming true. Perhaps I should borrow her book to read :P

In any case, NO NEGATIVE ENERGY ALLOWED.

I firmly believe that nothing can beat me down. Lose my job? I'll get one on my own!
No worries! I have loving family and friends who are around for me!


Good bye my nice seat...


And I seriously mean goodbye to this seat! We're shifting seats and I'll b moving on the 16th July 09! Stay tuned for the pic of my new seat. It wont be as nice as it is the most exposed seat in the office but nvm! I hope it wont be too long till I move OUT of the co! kekekekekeke....

No comments: