Sunday, December 26, 2010

~ White Rabbit ~

The White Rabbit, a restaurant & bar housed in an awe-inspiring and beautifully restored old chapel located off the Dempsey area. A year ago on Christmas, I had dinner with Ro here before he popped the question (Not here!). Here we are back again, on Boxing Day. A night to enjoy each other's company.
This soft bread melted my diet. Warm and fragrant, I had 3 of these while Ro stopped at 2.

Lobster sweetcorn chowder - a light summer corn chowder made with lobster served with slipper lobster and drizzled with tarragon oil. This soup is chunky yet smooth, delighting the palate.

Shared a starter of Brochette of Roasted Sea Scallops and Crispy Pork Belly served with wakame salad and a sesame soy dressing. The crispy pork belly was fabulous. I could hear my ear drums vibrate as I chew.

Beautiful night with wonderful ambiance. What more can I ask for on a boxing day.

We sat at the back last year. On top of the slight platform. This year's seat is so much better.

Lighting as usual is a problem. We still did not manage to have a nice picture of us together here. Better luck next year I guess.

Ro's choice of main for tonight, 48-hour Braised short ribs, lightly crisped and served sans bone with mashed potatoes and a rich Burgundy-styled red wine sauce made with bacon and mushrooms. I took over Ro's dish after he had half of it. Wonderfully marinated and soft. I have never loved ribs like these till today.

My choice of Pan Fried Sea bass with black olive crust, tapenade, french bean and sauce vierge. I would have preferred cod and passed it to Ro after I had 1/4 of it. Either that or stick to the wonderful Crispy Duck Leg Confit that I had last year.

Dimly lit chapel on a boxing day. Should I bow my head in prayers or concentrate on my food?


Souffle Rothschild to end off my wonderful Boxing Day dinner. Grand Marnier souffle served with poached apricots and apricot coulis. Wonderful sweet ending plus a short stroll along the roads at Dempsey on a cool Boxing Day night. I feel loved..

No comments: