Sunday, August 30, 2009

Our first weekend getaway...

Its our first overseas trip alone and I love it! Not to mention it is also the first time we are going for a spa. Yep! Both of us never been to spa before!



Just got back a moment ago and here's wat we did.

Woke up at 6am on Sat (29th August 09).. Yep, 6am ! to get ready for the trip. Thank god darling made sandwiches the day before for our breakfast. Reach harbourfront at 8am and we went to collect our ferry tickets. had sandwiches while waiting for our turn to clear the customs (not to mention cam-whore) and then wait for the ferry to arrive! Yes yes yes its a waiting morning.. kekekeke...

The boat ride took about 30 mins and we got down on the 2nd stop which is Batam Waterfront city. The first top unloaded alot of people with their golf clubs which I assume is an island that many ppl go to play golf. (wahhh... juz typing this I feel like i rocking on the boat again.. so weird)

Reached the Holiday Inn Resort and the staff informed us that we have a free upgrade to a 2-bedroom suite. We had booked only a 1-bedroom suite. Abit bo liao la, 2 person gib us 2 bedroom for wat.. expect us to sneak ppl up or for us to each take one bedroom? kekekeke.. checked in, took some pictures of the room and off we went for the city trip..

The shuttle bus took us to Nagoya Hill Mall and we noticed that in Batam, they have these big signages to congratulate stores on their grand opening. Unlike singapore where we send only flowers on stands. Theirs is HUGE.

Sad to say its a boring mall. Had A&W (only the root beer float was good) and walked about non-stop. Ro wanted to go the Centerpoint (another mall) but our attempts were ditched halfway when we reached the main road and did not see any malls in sight. Too scady cat le..

we basically just walk about and finally rested at Godiva Coffee to rest. The avocado sucks big time lor! it tasted so green that I only took 2 sips. Even Ro commented there's a grass-like taste in it. I was so sleepy that I cant wait to get back to the hotel. One point to note is everywhere is selling gucci, chanel and LV imitation so needless to say, Godiva Coffee oso not real one lor.. lousy.. 11am to 3pm in the mall almost killed me... How i wished i could have napped in the hotel room having woken up so early that day.

Reached the hotel around 330pm (nv really check my watch coz i zzz all the way back on the shuttle bus, ro was amazed at my ability to sleep coz the trip back was really rough with all the portholes on the road). read my book in the room coz it was too late to be napping again and ro entertained himself on the tv.

Had BBQ dinner that nite and we noticed alot of chinese woman with ang mo hubby.. I am assuming hubby la coz got mixed blood kid with them. Got one boy look like edison lor.. very good looking. Just hope character not like him :P The buffet dinner got alot of bbq stuff and oso pasta and crepe section. I felt so full that my tummy hurt. My stomach protested and it feels likt its goin to burst anytime.

Shopped around the Polo shop after dinner and bought Mum and Dad each a Polo tee... Only $40+ each. Ro keeps saying its fake but some say its not leh.. just like Blue Label in Japan, this Polo is for Batam?? I duno leh, I just buy la, since the old folks not choosy like Ro.. whahahahahaha

At 9pm.. we went for our SPA!!! Shiok lor! They showed us to an open villa and from there, we can see the sky full of stars and the soothing music playing. We chose their famous avocado scrub.. the masseuse was very good and ensure every part of the body is not spared. I didnt feel ticklish when she was touched my pitts but I endured. I love the scrub.. I really do! When I rinsed off the scrub, I could feel that my body was super smooth lor.. and I did seem to lighten one shade.. whahahaha I am full of dirt! Next up was the massage.. it was ticklish when she touched the sides of my waist and that was endurable. I love it when the masseuse knead my shoulders.. Can really feel the tension fade away. Mr Ro fell asleep during the massage whereas i fell asleep during the scrub. So i guess we each have our preference.. I would definitely go for spa again but it would have to be next year coz it aint cheap. Ya La.. i super cheapo one lor, luckily is Ro pay, if not i wont bear the spend the $$ lidis..

We went to bed after the first half of the man-u match and till now i duno if Man- U won.. So tired and I slept like a log.. The wonders of spa..

Woke up at 7am Batam Time (Singapore 8am) and went swimming! Feels really good! the pool was almost empty and there wasnt any sun! I love it! we frolick in the pool all the way till 8am and we went up to shower and back down for breakfast. Swimming always makes me feel super hungry and I ate alot! I had 2 servings of omelete, 2 slice of bread, one chocolate donut, cheese n cracker, cereal (cornflake plus cocopop plus almond flake plus yoghurt. Ya, stir in yoghurt instead of milk, SHIOK!), porridge with chye sim, peanut and chicken. Alot rite? kekekeke... that is y i went back to the hotel for a nap!~ woke up in time to check out at 1pm Batam time :)

and back to singapore.. back to reality... kekekeke..

Yawn.. Its 1240am now and I'm tired... who said a wkend getaway would make u feel refreshed???

No comments: