Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rowan's Birthday!

An early celebration for Mr Ro's birthday. La Vie Cafe at 25 Jalan Sasa 6, Taman Gaya (near KFC). A neat little cafe that is both tranquil and good for the busy soul.

An open concept for the dry kitchen. You will be able to spot Chef Braun at work.

Lady boss Carol, my uni mate cum msn gossip buddy cum listener. I miss her badly now that she has relocated back to Malaysia.

Cherry pork soft bun to share. Pork stewed so well that the fat melts in your mouth. Easily removed too if you don't take fat meat. Buns soft and warm.. this melted my heart.

Macau Pork Chop Burger. Mr Ro's dad truely enjoyed this. A novelty he says. Nice tender chicken with tasty burger bun.

Mr Ro's Seafood pasta in white wine tomato sauce. Seafood so generous and huge that left us wondering if they are all specially handpicked. I love the skill taken to pile them up high. Mr Ro loves this. Best tomato pasta that he has had. (Thank god I don't make tomato based pasta, if not I will be defeated.)

My Ginseng Chicken and Mr Ro's mum's Beef Stew. Although not a fan of the drumstick (I prefer breast meat), I finished it all up cause it is just so fragrant! Nicely spiced soup base (just the right amount, not overpowering) whetted my appetite. Beef stew so tender that all 3 of them keep praising it between bites.

Sweet gesture from Carol and Braun. A nice little lava cake for Mr Ro. The first lava cake his parents have. They love it, so did I!

Are you able to spot an outsider? I was glaringly not a member of the family as they were all in stripes! All by coincidence! (I do not have a single striped top and I dislike polo-tees :p)

As per the Ng family's custom, a birthday cake is compulsory. They said the one at La Vie is too tiny to be counted as a birthday cake :S No comments.

Happy birthday Mr Ro. It's your last birthday as a single man!

No comments: