Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tom Yum Kung Fu.. Kung Fu Fighting...

Met up with Nana to try the famous Tom Yum Kung Fu that Wendy's been raving about. Might be a coincidence, Nana had some Kung Fu Fighting at work. (Verbally. she very demure one k!)

The little shop feels like little Thailand. With pictures of Thailand, paintings of Buddha, hand painted cement wall and soft Thai music playing in the background. Even the staffs are Thai!

Have a look at Thai's steamboat. Isn't their apparatus cute? The dome at the top is for BBQ-ing of your food. This traditional steamboat is functioned by charcoal.

Here's the share of the smallest size. $30. Suitable for 2 pax. The pork is well marinated and the soup is delish! Flavourful chicken stock that has no msg! Point to note though, i was perspiring all the way while eating. Maybe cause the steam was blowing towards my direction but it is quite warm there. So, dress light if heading there.

On the Necterine we proceed as they were closed the last time we went over. Chose to sit on the outside as the inside only had high chair. Peony Jade for Nana and Strawberries and cream for me. Rich chocolate truffle managed to perk Nana up just a little but for me, I was still perspiring. Perhaps its the makings of the antibiotics that I am taking. But, perspiring perspiring I was!

Not only was I perspiring, I was having a bad hair day. Look at my hair in the above picture. Duno y the top so sharp. Nana say i look like avartar! In any case, I now know for a fact: Canon cameras make my face look fat! LOL!

No comments: