Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy birthday to all!

The 7th day of the lunar new year is considered all human mankind's birthday. Not too sure how it came about but this is the day that most of the Chinese will celebrate. As per our usual practise, we head over to my aunt's house where she entertain us with her good cooking skills.

At the top u can see a pot of almost finished lagsane, the white pot of bacon mushroom spaghetti and the transparent pot of seafood spaghetti.

Here's a picture of the lagsane before it was being attacked. The 4 corners of the pot are the most coveted pieces as they have most of the crispy crust.

My aunt's famous Yu Shen. We always have it on the 2nd and 7th day of the lunar new year. Made from fresh vege and sauce altered to our liking. Neither too sweet nor too sour. She specially bot the apparatus to string the veges out.

The old folks having some camwhore session. They wanted a photo with the God of Wealth on the wall.

Our family portrait. All immediate members of my dad's side. My dad was in the loo when the photo was taken. LOL! Small family we have as my grandma only had 3 kids. My dad being the eldest have 2 kids, followed by my aunt who has only 1 daughter den after, my uncle who has 3.

The wong family (Wong fei hong) has the invincible shadow kicking (Wu ying Jiao). So does the Lee family and this picture proves it! We have shadow boxing (Wu ying shou)! The plate looks small but it is actually roughly 20inch in diameter. Bought specially for our yearly Lou Hei.

Here's a picture of Poco and me. And Matthew who wanted to take a photo with poco too. After clearing up most of the stuff, and the folks had enuff of nespresso, some of them proceed on with a mah jong session. I played just one round but won like $20. LOL! Heng ar!! Here's to more good luck for the year. Huat ar!!

No comments: