Friday, February 4, 2011

~ CNY Day 2 ~

Our usual routine of going to my grandma's house on day 2 of Chinese New Year.. The yearly exchange of ang baos one of the must! Let's start counting.. 1) Ang bao exchanges..

2) My aunt's home made Yu Shen! Yes! Absolutely home made with NO colorings.. the best and only Yu Shen I take.. just the vege shreddar cost her a few hundred bucks.. So's the huge plate!

Peanuts toasted by her! Only the crispy chips are bought.. OH, and the cans of abalone.. LOL!

Huge Yushen for 20pax.. That's how messy the tabel is.. Believe me when I say there's some that landed on the floor.. Button's safe in my arms..

4) Food! Used to be steamboat but this year, it has been replaced with takeouts from the restuarant.. Cold dish, Peng Cai, Sharks fin, Lotus rice, Steam fish and dessert.. Everyone's raving at how good it taste.. I didnt try any.. why?

5) Cause I prefer my granny's cooking! My favourite vege soup (not shown) with quails egg, hainanese chup choy and braised pork belly.. I'll put all into a huge bowl with rice and stir with the soup.. Yummy yummy!

6) A very happy boy who has all the attention of 20 peeps.. LOL!

7) Mah jong for the adults and Games for the kids.. Uno stacko, twister, Wii etc.. You name it, you play it!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Rowan Ng said...

I miss the great times from your family gathering!

~MissPiggy~ said...

LOL! Sure anot? You forget you always complain you don't want to go out with aunties?