Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My First Reunion Dinner with In-Laws

Say Say Teochew Restaurant, the very first reunion dinner in my life that I'm having not at anyone's home but outside in a restaurant. My FIL had a hard time securing places for dinner as almost everywhere's booked since a month ago.

Simple chinese style restaurant but apparently packed to the brim.

Families of differing sizes make up the customer group. There are 2 rounds for tonight's dinner and we're the 2nd round group.

That's the only CNY decoration in the restaurant that I can tell.

This is the starter. No offence but I guess teochew dishes are not to my liking. Either this restaurant has done it too coarsely and ruins my impression or it is always like this. Not too sure but I know, Century egg to me is a Huge no no!

The famous Pen Cai, prosperity bowl. I sincerely prefer the cantonese way of doing it. This is seriously not done in the right way. The sauce is super oily and thin like soup and the ingredients sub-standard.

Served in a pail like this, I have absolutely no comments..

Nothing beats Hainanese Chicken and hence, I will not comment on this except for it being much too saltish for my liking.

We almost ended up leaving without paying for the meal as they had told my FIL that there is no yu shen left. After his threats, they miraculously produced one for us. After all, it is part of the package menu and we would have gone for some other dinner if they had informed us way ahead and not only when the dish is supposed to be served. An unforgettable first reunion dinner I must say. LOL!


Not to mention free fireworks performance right at our porch step! This is the only aspect that I love about JB. No need to drive out to Sheares Bridge for our annual CNY fireworks. Kekekeke..

Here's our family photo on the 1st day of CNY at Por Por's house. We're the red and pink family. LOL!

No comments: